Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Welcome home

Hey, so what the hell is this? Basically, like the title says a blog about heavy music happenings in Massachusetts. Some may know that I've been writing about music since I got into journalism back in the Dark Ages. I made music my main beat at the The Worcester T&G between 1993 and 2008, and carry on now as a music correspondent for the Boston Globe among my freelance gigs.

Heavy music thrives in Mass, and I learned that firsthand covering a shitload of shows at The Palladium in Worcester and meeting lots of great bands bringing metal into smaller clubs. The coverage metal gets doesn't really reflect just how vibrant or deep the scene is. That photo above is from the Killswitch Engage set at this year's New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. It was an epic show, as original singer Jesse Leach rejoined the band, and it was musically more intense and relevant than anything you'll hear Aerosmith do this year. I need, you need, we all need a place to talk that kind of shit up.

So, here it is. Feel free to weigh in here or drop a line to smclennan1010@gmail.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment